baby ticker

pregnancy due date

Saturday, June 28, 2008

He's here!



Baby Conner was born on Wednesday June 25th at 2:02 in the afternoon after only 4.5 hours of labor! My blood pressure went up and they kept me overnight in the hospital for monitoring so they ended up inducing me the next morning. But, they found out I had actually started progressing naturally the night before. So, the induction just sped things up a bit. Everything went VERY smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery. He weighed 6 pounds and 14 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He has TONS of black hair! :)Ironically, Cheryl ALSO went into labor at 3:00 am the night before and had her baby Lydia THE SAME DAY at 7:00 PM! So, Conner and Lydia share the same birthday! I can't wait for them to meet!

We just got home yesterday and I am recovering. I didn't feel much pain until recently and now I am recuperating from the labor and delivery. I have lots of back pain, cramps, and bruising when I sit. The pain medication makes me sleep so I'm kind of out of it lately. But, all of it is totally worth it. I love my little angel! Mom is here helping us take care of Conner. I guess since I had such a great and easy delivery I have to pay for it somehow - Conner is having a hard time adjusting to his feedings and gets fussy and has a very sensitive tummy at night. He has his days and nights mixed up so Michael and I got a whole hour of sleep last night. We go back to the doctor on Monday so we will see what he suggests. The worst part is knowing that he's upset and hearing his little tiny baby cries and not being able to console him. We have him on some medicine for his tummy so hopefully that will help.

Conner is already ahead of schedule and the pediatrician said he seems like a full term baby born at 40 weeks. He is already holding his head up and moving it around a lot. He is very attentive to people and things around him and he is very strong! He loves his pacifier and likes to hold on to it while he sucks it. It's so cute - he is so loud when he sucks it you can hear him at the other end of the house! He sounds like Maggie from the Simpsons! He gets really angry if he loses it and he gets really mad if you have to check his diaper, change his clothes, or unswaddle him for any reason. It's kind of cute because he flails his little arms and legs around and makes tiny little fists! But, I hate seeing him unhappy. He is so sweet too! When I hold him to burp him, his hugs my hands and rubs them like he is petting them. He also likes to talk. From the moment of birth, he has been cooing and making little baby noises all the time.



So far, the dogs are getting along well with him. Tino and Sophie love him and love to give him gentle kisses. Tino gets really distressed and whines when Conner cries. Tino actually made him quit crying last night when he started licking his feet! It was funny because Tino is a big sleeper. Last night he looked at us like "Is he crying AGAIN?" and went and hid under the pillows! Baxter is kind of less interested. He just sniffs him and then walks away. For now the only dog allowed around him is Tino. The others stay in their own space.

Well, that is all I have to update now! I'll try to update next time I happen to have time and energy! :) Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! Conner is loved by so many people and we appreciate all of you who have supported us during this time.

Love,

Nat

No comments: